Overwatch PTR Update Brings Big Bastion Buff, Server Browser and More
Overwatch's public test region is now live with a huge buff to Bastion, along with multiple other changes, including the brand new custom games server browser, capture the flag in custom games, and more.
Here's a quick outline of a few of the major Hero changes being brought in with this brand new PTR update.
- Configuration: Sentry
- Deploy time decreased from 1.5 seconds to 1.0 second
- Bullet spread increased by 50 percent
- Bullet spread is always at maximum (it no longer increases as the weapon is fired)
- Magazine size increased from 200 to 300
- Headshot damage multiplier has been removed
- No longer deals critical damage
- Configuration: Recon
- Bullet spread decreased by 25 percent
- Magazine size increased from 20 to 25
- Can now be used while moving
- Now bound to secondary fire (formerly Ability 2)
- No longer interrupted by taking damage
- A new resource meter has been added that deplete while Self-Repair is active and recharges when not in use
- Configuration: Tank
- No longer grants bonus armor
- Bastion has a new passive: Ironclad
- Bastion takes 35% less damage while in Sentry or Tank configuration
- Defense Matrix
- Projectiles (like Roadhog’s Chain Hook or Tracer’s Pulse Bomb) no longer need to travel a minimum distance before they can be blocked
- While performing a resurrection, Mercy now becomes temporarily invulnerable along with the allies being revived
There are a slew of other changes to the game, including the second gate no longer closing on Eichenwalde after the payload passes through the castle doors, and various changes to the targeting sensitivity of numerous Heroes' abilities, including Ana's Ultimate.
For the full list of bug fixes and more, check out the official post by Overwatch.
Are you excited for the Bastion buff or other Hero changes? Let us know on Twitter @GAMURScom.
Contact the author:
Twitter - @mountain_duwe
E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
Image via Blizzard