Overwatch hero Junkrat is now playable on Heroes of the Storm’s PTR.
His Heroes kit will look familiar to anyone who’s played the Australian bad guy in Overwatch. The only new addition is his second Heroic Ability, Rocket Ride. Rocket Ride launches Junkrat, who’s riding on a rocket, into the air. He can steer toward a landing location, and when he lands, he deals massive damage to enemies. Junkrat will reappear at the Altar unharmed, with 150 percent additional movement speed until he dismounts.
Here are the full notes on Junkrat’s Heroes of the Storm abilities, courtesy of Blizzard.
- Total Mayhem
- Upon dying, drop five grenades that explode after 0.75 seconds, each dealing 250 damage to nearby enemies.
- Basic Abilities
- Frag Launcher
- Launch a grenade that explodes at the end of its path or upon hitting an enemy, dealing 117 damage to nearby enemies. Grenades can ricochet off of terrain. Deals 50 percent less damage to structures. Stores up to four charges. Frag Launcher’s cooldown replenishes all charges at the same time.
- Concussion Mine
- Place a mine on the ground. Junkrat’s Trait can be activated to detonate the mine, dealing 180 damage to nearby enemies and knocking them back. Junkrat can also be affected by Concussion Mine, but takes no damage. Limit one active mine.
- Steel Trap
- Place a trap on the ground that arms after two seconds. Deals 130 damage to the first enemy that walks over it and Roots them for two seconds. Limit one active trap.
- Heroic Abilities
- Create a motorized bomb with 500 health that lasts 15 seconds. While active, Junkrat is immobile but gains control of RIP-Tire’s movement. RIP-Tire can be reactivated to detonate immediately, knocking nearby enemies back, and dealing 750 damage to enemies in the center of the blast, and 450 damage to enemies outside of the center.
- Rocket Ride
- After 1.25 seconds, Junkrat launches into the air. While in the air, he can steer the landing location by moving. After 3.5 seconds, Junkrat lands, dealing 780 damage to nearby enemies and activating Total Mayhem. Five seconds after landing, Junkrat reappears at the Altar and gains 150 percent additional Movement Speed until dismounted.