New Overwatch update now live with drastic Bastion changes
A considerably large update has hit the Overwatch live servers today, after being in testing on the public test region for a few weeks. It brings about the much-discussed changes to Bastion, along with the server browser, capture the flag in custom games and numerous other changes.
With Season 4 of competitive play set to begin later today, this update will undoubtedly shake up the meta, as Bastion has gone from a situational pick to a hero that can now work in a variety of scenarios.
Here's the full checklist of all of Bastion's changes:
- Reconfiguration time decreased from 1.5 seconds to 1.0 second
- Bullet spread increased by 50%
- Bullet spread is always at maximum (it no longer increases as the weapon is fired)
- Magazine size increased from 200 to 300
- No longer deals critical damage
- Bullet spread decreased by 25%
- Magazine size increased from 20 to 25
- Can now be used while moving
- Now bound to secondary fire (formerly Ability 2)
- No longer interrupted by taking damage
- A new resource meter has been added that depletes while Self-Repair is active and recharges when not in use
- No longer grants bonus armor
New Passive Ability: Ironclad
- Bastion takes 35% less damage while in Configuration: Sentry or Tank
In summary, Bastion now goes into his Sentry mode much faster, he has more ammo in his Recon mode with less spread, he can heal while moving and while taking damage, and he takes 35 percent less damage in his Sentry and Tank configurations. He is now overall a much stronger hero in nearly every facet.
Roadhog, Mercy, D.Va and a number of other heroes also saw changes in this update, but none were nearly as drastic as Bastion's. You can check out the full patch notes here.
Are you excited or concerned for these new Bastion changes? Let us know on Twitter @GAMURScom.
Contact the author: email@example.com