The first day of CS:GO action at DreamHack Masters Stockholm has concluded, and a big name has already been sent home.
NRG Esports was eliminated at the $250,000 event earlier today because of group stage losses to Ninjas in Pyjamas and Natus Vincere. Although they were close to handing the same fate to Na’Vi, they couldn’t close it out late into their elimination match.
Related: Ghost Gaming bring down Na`Vi in opening game of DreamHack Masters Stockholm
The North American squad surprised Na’Vi on map one Inferno, with an impressive and explosive T side vs. the CIS defense. The NA offensive put them up 12-3 at the half, and they slowly trudged on to win the map 16-12 vs. a struggling Oleksandr “s1mple” Kostyliev.
The storylines for the following maps weren’t the same as Na’Vi overcame adversity on Overpass and Train. Overpass was close up until Na’Vi reached their T side, where they overwhelmed the NRG defense and closed out the map 16-11. Despite struggles on map one, s1mple redeemed himself with a crazy 117.1 average damage per round stat and a total 32 kills.
Train was close as well due to both sides trading strings of rounds, but Na’Vi really turned up the heat in the first buy round of the second half to put NRG on their heels. Na’Vi ended the series 2-1 with a 16-12 victory on Train. Ioann “Edward” Sukariev also contributed to the CIS kill column pretty well in the series alongside s1mple with 23 kills per map.
Below are all of the other results from today’s matches.
- Astralis won Mirage 16-3 vs. Grayhound Gaming
- North won Inferno 16-7 vs. TyLoo
- TyLoo won Cache 16-8 and Mirage 16-9 vs. Grayhound Gaming (2-0)
- Ghost Gaming won Dust II 19-17 vs. Natus Vincere
- Ninjas in Pyjamas won Train 16-13 vs. NRG Esports
- Na’Vi won Overpass 16-11 and Train 16-13 vs. NRG Esports (2-1)
- FaZe Clan won Mirage 19-16 vs. Heroic
- OpTic Gaming won Train 16-6 vs. Fnatic
- Mousesports won Nuke 16-7 vs. Gambit Esports
- MIBR won Dust II 16-11 vs. HellRaisers
DreamHack Masters Stockholm will continue tomorrow at 5am CT, starting with the Heroic vs. Fnatic losers’ match (Group C) and the Astralis vs. North winners’ match (Group A).