Patches are long at times. Sometimes, we just want to know what’s going on. So down below, I’m going to quickly summarise all that was said in the recent 6.24 League of Legends patch in the least amount of words possible.
Ranked Season Begins and Camille Released
Project Skin – 1350RP (Or part of Bundle)
- Elemental drake buffs and rotating game mode objectives are now tracked in spectator mode.
- Passive procs on turrets.
- W cooldown reduced.
- Sun Discs deal more damage and give enemies less gold.
- W damage increased early.
- E cooldown reduced.
- Clarity improvements.
- R fishes attach to enemies that step on them.
- Spinning shreds enemy armor after four hits.
- Reduces armor by 25 percent for six seconds.
- E costs more mana and slows for less.
- Dagger damage increased in the early/mid game.
- W deals more on-hit damage.
- E damage and ability power ratio reduced.
- Health regen down.
- Q damage up, but damage against minions down.
- E damage down.
- Alpha Strike better follows enemies that Flash away after being tagged.
- Fixed a bug where Guinsoo’s Rageblade dealt damage to Master Yi on Double Strike’s second hit.
- Attack Damage Buff.
- +5.12 AD.
- Overall Bonetooth Necklace bonuses reduced.
- Attack damage per level increased.
- Passive can now be stacked on Howling Abyss and Twisted Treeline.
- Passive damage decreased.
- W mana cost increased.
- Passive now scales with bonus attack speed duration and is the same regardless of proc type.
- Duration is the same regardless of proc type.
- Q damage down at later ranks.
Rylai’s Crystal Scepter
- Single target and area-effect spell no longer cause a stronger slow.
- Cost and stats decreased.
- It’s cheaper.
Courage of the Colossus
- Cooldown up at early levels.
- Shield bonus per nearby enemy down.
Fervor of Battle
- Stacks last longer.
- Fewer stacks required.
Below are the major updates for the League client update in this patch.
[NEW] ROTATING GAME MODES: Rotating game modes are now available in the updated client, starting with Legend of the Poro King. (Known issue: custom games do not yet support rotating game modes.)
[NEW] GAME SETTINGS IN CLIENT: Players can now change their keybindings from the updated client without having to go into a game.
[NEW] TOASTERS ON: Added a “Toaster Mode” switch in settings that lets players turn off certain animations and effects if they’re suffering from performance issues. Right now, this mostly affects some minor aspects of the champ select experience, but we’ll expand Toaster Mode to cover more features in upcoming patches.
[NEW] GIFTING NOTIFICATIONS: Players will now see a notification when they receive a gift.
- Patched up audio and UI components to make the entire client run faster.
- Made champ select run more smoothly and fixed some issues affecting the champ grid UI.
- Added audio and visual changes to champ select to make key decision moments more noticeable.
- Improved responsiveness and stability for important transition moments, like the jump from the play button to the lobby, the ready check pop-up, and the champ select load-in experience.
- Some nasty launch problems were being caused by the new desktop icon not pointing to the right place. This has now been fixed.
- Fixed an error that occasionally prevented players from selecting their rune pages in champ select.
- Fixed various issues that were preventing players from accepting ready checks and locking in champions.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented a player from seeing the ban animation and VO for another player.
Cleanse’s tooltip now indicates it doesn’t remove suppression effects.
Malzahar’s Voidlings now properly take damage from several damage types that weren’t working properly.
The fourth hit of Kled’s W – Violent Tendencies now properly procs on-hit effects, even when the bonus damage kills a unit.
Santa Braum – 1350 RP
Snow Day Graves – 1350 RP
Winter Wonder Karma – 1350RP
Adam Newell is a journalist for @ and can be contacted in ways displayed below. If you have any tips or want anything covered, be sure to let us know:
All information and Images are owned by Riot Games