It’s finally Aatrox’s time to shine in League of Legends‘ Patch 8.13, because his large-scale update is arriving with the patch tomorrow, according to the official patch notes.
Aatrox’s changes are definitely the largest of this patch, but there’s still a long list of significant changes, including some big shifts in Irelia’s power, big Kindred buffs, and tons of normal balancing. Oh, and there are some shiny new skins on the block, too. God King Darius and God King Garen make their debut with this year’s VS. event, as a sequel of sorts to last year’s event with Dawnbringer Riven and Nightbringer Yasuo.
Here are the nerfs, the buffs, and all the new stuff from Patch 8.13, pulled straight from the patch notes.
- Ionian Fervor (P): On-hit damage lowered significantly from 10-66 depending on level to 4-48. On-hit scaling changed from 8-16 percent total AD to a flat 16 percent bonus AD. Attack speed at max stacks increased from 20-40 percent depending on level to 30-50 percent.
- Defiant Dance (W): Minimum base damage raised at later levels. Minimum total AD scaling lowered from 60 percent to 50. Maximum base damage lowered at later levels. maximum total AD scaling lowered from 120 percent to 100.
- Flawless Duet (W): Mark duration lowered by one second.
- Vaguard’s Edge (R): Mark duration lowered by one second.
- AD growth lowered from 3.11 to 2.75.
- Culling (R): Damage boost to minions lowered from 400 percent to 200.
- Hookshot (E): Base damage lowered significantly at all ability ranks.
- Masochism (E): AD boost lowered at later ability ranks.
- Alpha Strike (Q): No longer deals bonus damage to minions. Mana cost lowered by 20 at all ranks.
- Blood Boil (W): Attack speed boost lowered at all ability ranks. Now gains five percent bonus attack speed per 100 AP. AP boost lowered from 40 percent to 20 percent. Now gains five percent more AP boost per 100 AP.
- Health regeneration lowered from nine per five seconds to seven per five seconds.
- Bellows Breath (W): Flame width and length decreased.
- Fling (E): Max health damage lowered from 6-8 percent depending on rank to 4-8 percent.
- Insanity Potion (R): Stat boost lowered by five at all ranks.
- Dazzle (E): Base damage lowered significantly at all ranks. Armor scaling raised from 30 percent to 50 percent.
- Cosmic Radiance (R): Cooldown raised by 20 seconds at all ranks.
- Tides of Blood (E): AP scaling while fully charged lowered from 100 percent to 80.
- Spell Thief (W): Total AP scaling lowered from 75 percent to 65. Movement speed boost duration lowered at later ranks.
- AD and AP boost per stack lowered from four percent to 2.5 percent.
Early game snowballing
- Death timer changed from 10-22.5 seconds from levels one to six to a flat 16 seconds. Death timer at level seven lowered from 25 seconds to 21. Death timers from level eight onward are unchanged.
- Bounties now start at two kills and reward 150 gold. At three to six kills, the bounty is being increased from 200-325 depending on kills to 300-500. Any kill past that will reward 50 bonus gold per kill, up from 25.
Outer turret gold
- Global gold for outer turrets lowered from 100 gold per player per turret to 50 gold.
- Wolf’s Frenzy (W): Kindred now gain stacks of Hunter’s Vigor from moving and attacking. When charged, they heal for up to 100 at level 18, based on missing health. No longer lowers monster attack speed. Wolf’s attack speed now scales with items.
- Health growth lowered from 110 to 100. Armor growth raised from four to five. MR growth raised from 1.25 to 2.
- Phantom Undertow (E): Base damage lowered slightly at later ranks. AD scaling raised from 80 percent to 100.
- Death from Below (R): Base damage lowered at all ranks. AD scaling raised from 60 percent bonus AD to 80 percent.
- Drunken Rage (W): Cooldown lowered from 8-4 seconds depending on rank to a flat five seconds. Now gives Gragas 50 range on his next attack.
- Martial Cadence (P): Now deals a minimum of 20 damage.
- Demacian Standard (E): Cooldown lowered from 13-11 seconds depending on rank to a flat 11 seconds. Base damage raised significantly at early ranks.
- Switcheroo! (Q): Rocket bonus damage raised from 210% to 220%. Bonus damage on rockets can now multiply with crits.
- Zap! (W): Total AD scaling raised from 140 percent to 160 percent.
- Rend (E): Total AD scaling per spear after the first raised slightly.
- Nether Blade (W): Now costs one mana. AP scaling raised from 70 percent to 80.
- Force Pulse (E): AP scaling raised from 70 percent to 80.
- Riftwalk (R): AP scaling raised from 30 percent to 40.
- Command: Dissonance (W): Cooldown lowered by two seconds.
- Health regeneration increased from 5.5 per five seconds to seven per five seconds.
- Blade of the Exile (R): Cooldown lowered by 10 seconds at rank one and five seconds at rank two.
- Explosive Charge (E): Four-stack bonus AD scaling raised significantly at higher ranks.
- Spinning Slash (E): Cooldown lowered by two seconds at later ranks.
- Contaminate (E): Max bonus AD scaling raised from 150 percent to 210 percent.
Domination patch stats
- Domination and Precision: AP/AD raised from 13/7.8 to 14/8.4.
- Domination and Sorcery: AP/AD raised from 18/10.8 to 20/12.
- Domination with Resolve: AP/AD raised from 9/5.5 to 10/6.
- Domination and Inspiration: AP/AD raised from 18/10.8 to 20/12.
Hail of Blades
- Out of combat cooldown lowered from five to four seconds.
- Max time allowed between attacks raised from 1.5 seconds to two seconds.
- Unique summoner cap lowered from eight to six.
- Cooldown reduction per summoner raised from 15 seconds to 20.
Bami’s Cinder and Hunter’s Talisman
- Burn damage from Immolate passive and Tooth passive can now kill non-buff large monsters.
Passive: Deathbringer Stance
“Aatrox’s next basic attack has increased range and deals a percentage of the target’s maximum health as damage. This attack also significantly reduces all healing and shielding on the target for a few seconds.
“Deathbringer Stance’s cooldown is slightly reduced whenever Aatrox casts a spell or when he lands the edge of The Darkin Blade on a champion.”
Q: The Darkin Blade
“Aatrox swings his greatsword up to three times. Each cast increases in damage, impacts a unique area of effect, and can hit with the edge of the blade (a second, smaller hitbox).
“Edge of the blade: Hitting enemies at the far end of the first two casts and the center of the third briefly knocks them up and deals significantly more damage.”
W: Infernal Chains
“Aatrox smashes the ground, damaging the first enemy hit and briefly slowing them. If it’s a champion or large monster, they are chained to the impact area.
“If the chained enemy is still in the impact area after a few seconds, they are dragged to the center and take damage again.”
E: Umbral Dash
“Passive: Aatrox heals for a portion of the damage he deals.
“Active: Aatrox dashes, increasing his attack damage for a few seconds. Umbral Dash can store up to 2 charges and can be used simultaneously with The Darkin Blade.”
R: World Ender
“Aatrox unleashes his full might, becoming monstrous in size and taking flight on massive wings. As he transforms, Aatrox fears nearby minions and briefly increases his movement speed (this bonus is reactivated when out of combat).
“While transformed, Aatrox increases his overall damage and gains a Blood Well that stores health over World Ender’s duration, reviving him if he takes lethal damage while in his true form.”