The first official patch of 2019, Patch 9.1, arrives this week in League of Legends, and it includes three minor reworks to some of the game’s most unpopular champions.
Sejuani, Ornn, and Kalista are all receiving long lists of changes, and although none are too drastic in the design department, the updates are enough to impact how each champion is played. After this patch, they’ll have different power spikes, strengths, and in some cases, different play styles entirely (Ornn).
So, without further adieu, here are all three reworks coming for Ornn, Sejuani, and Kalista.
- Health per level increased by five.
- Health regen increased by 0.4.
- Health regen per level increased by 0.04.
- Armor per level increased by one.
- Base AD raised by two.
Passive: Living Forge
- Ornn now gains a passive 10 percent bonus to armor and MR from all items.
- At level 13, any upgradeable item Ornn owns or buys in the future is upgraded for free.
- At each level from 14 onward, Ornn can upgrade an ally’s upgradable item by standing near them and clicking on them (Max of one per ally).
- Ornn and allies can no longer pay to upgrade items.
- New upgradable items, including Iceborn Gauntlet, Youmuu’s Ghostblade, Blade of the Ruined King, and Luden’s Echo.
Q: Volcanic Rupture
- Lower mana cost.
- Higher base damage.
- Slow lowered to 40 percent at all ranks, rather than starting at 40 and scaling per level.
W: Bellows Breath
- No longer shields Ornn.
- Now causes Ornn to be unstoppable (again).
- Cooldown lowered.
- Duration lowered.
- Self-slow lowered.
- Brittle damage raised significantly.
E: Searing Charge
- Mana cost changed to 50 at all ranks, rather than scaling from 35 to 55 with level.
- If a Q pillar is about to expire when Ornn casts E, it will now last until the dash completes.
R: Call of the Forge God
- First cast slow now starts dramatically lower, but scales to the normal power depending on distance traveled.
- Knockup power lowered across the board.
- Health per level increased by 17.
- Base armor increased by three.
- Armor per level increased by 1.25.
- Base MR increased by five.
- MR per level increased by 0.5.
- AD per level increased by one.
Passive: Fury of the North
- Changed to scale with bonus MR and armor, rather than level and total resistances.
- Now lingers for one more second.
Q: Arctic Assault
- Base damage increased.
W: Winter’s Wrath
- Second hit damage increased.
- Second hit slow duration “normalized to 0.25 seconds.”
- Stun duration lowered to one second at all ranks.
- Range lowered.
- Damage raised significantly.
- Base AD increased by five.
- AD per level increased 0.4.
- Attack speed increased by 0.5 percent.
- Base damage increased.
- Kalista no longer gains AD when near an Oathsworn.
- Now deals 50 percent less damage to epic monsters.