Hearthstone’s Lunar New Year event is set to kick off next week, Blizzard announced today.
The newest event will give players an opportunity to get nine free packs through three Legendary Quests, multiple new skins to purchase, and the return of a Lunar New Year-themed Tavern Brawl.
For the three different quests, there are six Madness at the Darkmoon Faire and three Scholomance Academy packs to obtain. The required tasks and rewards are as follows:
- Play one game of Battlegrounds to earn two Madness at the Darkmoon Faire card packs and one Scholomance Academy card pack.
- Play five games of Duels to earn two Madness at the Darkmoon Faire card packs and one Scholomance Academy card pack.
- Play five Ranked Standard games to earn two Madness at the Darkmoon Faire card packs and one Scholomance Academy card pack.
The four new skins that are available to purchase are inspired by an ancient epic Chinese tale of war, Romance of the Three Kingdoms. They’ll be available to purchase from Feb. 9 to 19. The four classes receiving skins, and the characters they represent from the tale, are as follows:
- Zhuge Liang Anduin (Priest)
- Guan Yu Uther (Paladin)
- Diao Chan Valeera (Rogue)
- Lü Bu Garrosh (Warrior)
The skins can either be purchased individually for $9.99 or in two bundles:
- Three Kingdoms Hero Bundle ($24.99)
- Zhuge Liang Anduin, Guan Yu Uther, Diao Chan Valeera, Lü Bu Garrosh
- Three Kingdoms Mini Bundle ($14.99)
- Diao Chan Valeera, Lü Bu Garrosh
The Lunar Blessing Tavern Brawl is set to make its second appearance in Hearthstone. During this Brawl, players choose a class, receive a random deck, and then choose an animal to receive its benefits throughout the match.
You can experience the Lunar New Year event in Hearthstone when it begins on Feb. 9.