Limited-time modes are the name of the game in Fortnite’s latest patch. Epic Games is welcoming back a few familiar faces in v15.40.
Popular modes Air Royale and Floor is Lava are making their way to the Fortnite island in today’s patch, along with Rally Royale, Shockwave, and a new LTM called Comeback. The Flint Knock pistol is also returning from the vault—a deadly 180 damage monstrosity.
Here’s the full list of changes.
New limited-time mode
- All loot starts as common in this new LTM and increases in rarity after each death. With five lives and better look at your disposal, can you make a comeback?
Returning limited-time modes
- Speed, strength, and smarts are the keys to winning in Rally Royale. In this LTM, dash your wash to the golden tickets you need to cross the finish line. After you collect a stack of tickets, cross the finish line at the end of the route to win the race
- Fight in an X4 Stormwing plane and go head-to-head with other players in this LTM. Do format, choose your team in the menu pregame. Last team standing wins
Floor is Lava
- Molten lava slowly rises and consumes the Fortnite island in this LTM. Avoid the lava, fend off enemies, and head towards the high ground. This mode comes in solos, duos, and squads
- Teams of two fight to win in this LTM. Avoid the continuously moving storm and fight opponents with a randomly assigned loadout.
The return of the Flint Knock pistol
- Available in common and uncommon variants, the Flint Knock pistol is back in v15.40. It uses heavy bullets, has a headshot multiplier of x.20 and deals 172/180 damage to the head. It may not be the most accurate gun in the game, but it most certainly packs a punch
- Total Bars appearing as “0” in a match
- Purple XP Coins disappearing when driven through (without granting XP)
- Matchmaking doesn’t start if unreadied player leaves early
- Phone Booths do not respect island settings when players change Outfits
Save the World
- Mythic Lead Survivor portraits appear only as silhouettes
- Locating a Durrr Burger not counting towards the “Locating: Burger Break!” Ventures quest
This article will be updated when Epic Games confirms the full list of changes.