After spectating the first-ever Call of Duty®: Black Ops III event this weekend, the community got a sneak peek of what’s to come for the competitive season. The Totino’s Invitational , an eight-team single-elimination tournament, proved to be a captivating one with a shared prize pool of $50,000 on the line.
The one-day tournament commenced on Saturday, featuring eight of Call of Duty eSports’ most promising teams. Here’s how the knockout bracket panned out: Quarterfinals (best-of-three)
- compLexity Gaming (2-1) Team EnVyUs
- OpTic Gaming (2-0) Team eLevate
- Rise Nation (2-1) Luminosity Gaming
- Team Kaliber (2-0) FaZe Clan
- OpTic Gaming (2-1) compLexity Gaming
- Rise Nation (2-1) Team Kaliber
Grand Finals (best-of-five)
- Combine – Hardpoint: 250-136 | Rise Nation
- Evac – Search and Destroy: 6-1 | OpTic Gaming
- Stronghold – Uplink: 9-4 | OpTic Gaming
- Fringe – Capture the Flag: 3-1 | Rise Nation
- Breach – Search and Destroy: 6-5 | Rise Nation
Rise Nation won 3-2 against OpTic Gaming.
Rise Nation was able to showcase their talent as a newly-formed team, after defeating Luminosity Gaming, Team Kaliber, and now OpTic Gaming. This team secured a well-deserved championship, along with $20,000 in cash prizes. Congratulations to your Totino Invitational Champions:
Will OpTic Gaming continue to dominate going into the Call of Duty World League ? Let us know. Stay up-to-date with future major events over at our Twitter – @eSportsNation .