Advanced Warfare Patch Notes 9-29-15
In the last Advanced Warfare update back on Aug. 28, Sledgehammer Games fixed multiple map exploits, issues with certain scorestreaks and other issues involving players being unable to complete all of the challenges to unlock particular gun camouflages.
In this most recent update, it seems like Sledgehammer is doing a lot of the same things similar to their last update, but mainly continuing to fix map exploits, especially on the new DLC maps.
One of the more exciting components of this new update is the addition of two new weapons: the MP40 submachine gun and the M1911 pistol. Fans of Call of Duty®: World at War are ecstatic to see the return of the MP40, which was easily the best gun in the entire game.
There is a lot of hype surrounding the return of the MP40, even from Michael Condrey, the Studio Head and Co-Founder of Sledgehammer Games. “Look out ASM1 - Speakeasy, there is a new sheriff coming to town.”
Without further ado, here are the patch notes for the most recent update in Advanced Warfare.
Game Update 9/29/15
In Game Updates:
- Fixed an issue where the Sentinel Operator Pants were mismarked as the Ronin Pants in the Armory.
- Fixed an issue where the “III” and Nanotech camouflage were not displaying correctly when equipped on the AK47 Assault Rifle.
The AK47 was added to Advanced Warfare about one month ago, so it’s good that Sledgehammer was quick to fix this issue with the gun camo.
- Fixed Aerial Assault Drone and Recon Drone out of the world exploits on the Swarm map.
- Fixed Aerial Assault Drone and Recon Drone out of the world exploits on the Fracture map.
- Fixed a rare issue where a player could use an exploit with the XS1 Goliath.
It seems as if there were multiple issues with using killstreaks on some of the new maps from the fourth DLC pack of Advanced Warfare. Thankfully, Sledgehammer was able to pick up on these few scorestreak glitches relatively quickly in and removed them from the game.
Game Mode Specific Updates:
- Uplink: Fixed an issue where the satellite drone could get stuck behind collision on the Overload map.
While this might not have much of an impact on competitive Call of Duty, any such glitches in Uplink where the opposing team can throw the ball out of bounds makes the game mode less enjoyable to play.
Map Specific Updates:
- Fixed various out of the map/wall breach exploits on the Overload map.
- Fixed various out of the map/wall breach exploits on the Swarm map.
- Fixed an issue where spectators in third person could pass through a wall on the Swarm map.
- Fixed some lighting issues on the Swarm map.
- Fixed some missing geo on the Swarm map.
- Fixed out of the map exploits on Swarm when using Exo-Grapple.
- Fixed various out of map/wall breach exploits on the Fracture map.
- Fixed some lighting issue on the Fracture map.
- Fixed various out of the map/wall breach exploits on the Parliament map.
- Fixed out of map exploits on Parliament when using Exo-Grapple.
- Fixed out of map/wall breach exploits on the Greenband map.
- Fixed out of map/wall breach exploit on the Skyrise map.
- Fixed out of map exploit on the Ascend map.
- Fixed out of map exploit on the Retreat map.
- Fixed out of map exploit on the Horizon map.
Based on these patch notes, there were clearly a lot of different ways to get out of a variety of maps in Advanced Warfare. I know that I always get annoyed if someone out of the map kills me, so I’m glad that Sledgehammer was able to fix these out of map exploits.
Exo Zombies Updates:
- Fixed an issue where the weapon upgrade cost shown wasn’t being subtracted correctly in Double Feature mode on the Descent Exo-Zombies map.
- Fixed an issue where the music when attempting the Easter Egg on the Descent Exo-Zombies map was not present.
- Fixed various out of map exploits where the players could remain in place and not be attacked by zombies on the Descent Exo-Zombies map.
All in all, it is great to see that Sledgehammer Games continues to do their best to fix any issues in Advanced Warfare, even with just over one month left until Call of Duty®: Black Ops III is released. You can click the link here to go to the official patch notes for this update.
Do you like some of the changes that Sledgehammer Games have implemented in this update for Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare? Let us know by commenting below or tweeting us @eSportsNation.