Fortnite's Playground LTM delayed until next week | Dot Esports

Fortnite’s Playground LTM delayed until next week

What a bummer.

Image via Epic Games

After disabling Fortnite’s new Playground limited time mode and exploring fixes for about three days, Epic Games has now said that the highly-anticipated mode will be delayed until next week.

Playground initially went live on Tuesday before being disabled shortly after due to a flood of players attempting to access the mode, which caused matchmaking issues. Since then, Epic has steadily kept updating the status of the mode on Reddit.

Sadly, a fix is not in the works for the upcoming weekend. In fact, now there's no specific expected launch date other than "next week."

"We're still unable to resolve issues preventing the launch of the Playground LTM," Epic said on Twitter. "We are holding the release until next week to continue hammering away this weekend. We're sorry we haven't been able to get you in the LTM, and we know waiting is the worst."

Playground ditches the classic battle royale formula and turns the Fortnite map into a sandbox for players to do whatever they like. The game mode lasts for an hour and has increased resources all throughout the map so players can build massive structures with reckless abandon. Friendly fire is also enabled, so friendly squabbles with teammates in Squads can be taken out in one-vs-one's all around the map, too.

For now, players will have to enjoy the normal battle royale mode, as well as 50-vs-50, until Playground is ready to go.