Today marked the second day of the Esports Championship Series (ECS) Finals. Today’s games decided who made it to the semi-finals, and who would go home. There were three upsets today that people weren’t suspecting.
The tournament has the following teams attending:
- Luminosity Gaming (Brazil)
- G2 Esports (France)
- Ninjas in Pyjamas (Sweden)
- Team Liquid (United States)
- Astralis (Denmark)
- Cloud9 (United States)
- Team SoloMid (Canada)
- Fnatic (Sweden)
Here is your recap of today’s matches:
G2 Esports vs. Ninjas in Pyjamas
- G2 Esports win 16-4 on Cache against Ninjas in Pyjamas
- G2 Esports win 16-10 on Dust 2 against Ninjas in Pyjamas
Winning these matches sent G2 Esports to face Team Liquid to decide who would face Fnatic in the semi-finals.
G2 Esports vs. Team Liquid
- Team Liquid win 16-12 on Cobblestone against G2 Esports
- G2 Esports win 16-6 on Dust 2 against Team Liquid
- G2 Esports win 16-11 on Nuke against Team Liquid
Winning these matches sends G2 Esports to face Fnatic in the semi-finals.
Cloud9 vs. Astralis
- Cloud9 win 16-9 on Dust 2 against Astralis
- Cloud9 win 16-8 on Overpass against Astralis
Winning these matches sent Cloud9 to face Team SoloMid to decide who would face Luminosity in the semi-finals.
Team SoloMid vs. Cloud9
- Team SoloMid win 16-7 on Cache against Cloud9
- Team SoloMid win 16-11 on Train against Cloud9
Winning these matches sends Team SoloMid to face Luminosity in the semi-finals.
Who do you think will make it to the finals and win? Let us know in the comments and make sure to follow us on Twitter, @GAMURScom, for live coverage and other esports content.