Apex Legends rocketed in popularity quickly after its release in 2019 with players on Xbox One, PS4, and PC having one goal in mind: getting that precious battle royale victory.
Unlike most battle royale games, Apex asks players to choose a character to go into battle with. It’s similar to games like Overwatch with each character, called legends, having their own abilities, strengths, and weaknesses.
There are six free characters that players can choose from, while seven others can be purchased either with in-game currency or your hard-earned cash.
Depending on your playstyle or preferred setup, there’s surely a character that works for you. Take a look at them all below to see which one stands out most.
- Passive: Tracker – See tracks left behind by foes.
- Tactical: Eye of the Allfather – Briefly reveal hidden enemies, traps, and clues throughout structures near you.
- Ultimate: Beast of the Hunter – Enhances senses, allowing you to move faster.
- Passive: Gun Shield – Aiming down sights deploys a gun shield that blocks incoming enemy fire.
- Tactical: Dome of Protection – Throw down a dome shield that blocks all attacks for 15 seconds.
- Ultimate: Defensive Bombardment – Call in a mortar strike on a marker position.
- Passive: Combat Medic – Revive knocked down teammates faster, healing items are used 25 percent faster.
- Tactical: D.O.C. Heal Drone – Call down a drone that automatically heals nearby teammates over time.
- Ultimate: Care Package – Call in a drop pod full of high-quality items.
- Passive: Voices from the Void – A voice will warn you when danger approaches.
- Tactical: Into the Void – Warp and re position yourself without worrying about taking damage.
- Ultimate: Dimensional Rift – Create a portal for 60 seconds between two locations. Usable by entire team.
- Passive: Insider Knowledge – Scan a survey beacon to reveal the ring’s next location.
- Tactical: Grappling Hook – Grapple that can get you out of places quickly.
- Ultimate: Zipline Gun – Create a zipline that anyone can use.
- Passive: Double Time – Taking fire while sprinting makes you move faster for a brief period of time.
- Tactical: Smoke Launcher – Fire a high-velocity smoke canister from a launcher that creates a smoke wall.
- Ultimate: Rolling Thunder – Call in an artillery strike that slowly moves across the landscape.
- Passive: Nox Vision – You can see enemies through gas.
- Tactical: Nox Gas Trap – You can drop deadly gas canisters that explode when shot or triggered by enemies.
- Ultimate: Nox Gas Grenade – Spawns a large area of deadly gas.
- Passive: Now You See Me… – Automatically drop a decoy and cloak for five seconds when knocked down.
- Tactical: Psyche Out – Send out a decoy that runs across the map, confusing enemies.
- Ultimate: Life of the Party – Deploy a team of decoys while you cloak to distract enemies.
- Passive: Swift Mend – While not taking damage, Octane restores health over time.
- Tactical: Stim – Moves 30 percent faster for six seconds at the cost of some health.
- Ultimate: Launch Pad – Deployable Jump Pad that catapults users through the air.
- Passive: Spark of Genius – Ultimate Accelerants fully charge Wattson’s ultimate. Standing near Interception Pylons boosts Wattson’s tactical recharge rate.
- Tactical: Perimeter Security – Create electrified fences by connecting nodes. Fences damage and slow enemies.
- Ultimate: Interception Pylon – Place an electrified pylon that destroys incoming ordnance and repairs damaged shields. (Max: 1)
- Passive: Neurolink – Crypto and his teammates see what his Surveillance Drone detects up to a 30m distance.
- Tactical: Surveillance Drone – Deploy an aerial camera drone. 40 second cooldown if destroyed.
- Ultimate: Drone EMP – Charge up an EMP from your drone. The blast deals 50 shield damage, slows players, and destroys traps.
- Passive: Stalker – You crouch walk faster and can climb walls higher.
- Tactical: Silence – Throw a device that deals damage and disables enemy abilities for 20 seconds.
- Ultimate: Death Totem – Drop a totem that protects users from death. Instead of getting killed or downed, you will return to the totem. Armor is deactivated during death protection.
- Passive: Eye for Quality – Nearby epic and legendary loot can be seen through walls. The range is the same as Black Market Boutique.
- Tactical: Burglar’s Best Friend – Teleport to hard-to-reach places or escape trouble quickly by throwing your jump drive bracelet.
- Ultimate: Black Market Boutique – Place a nearby portable device that allows you to teleport nearby loot to your inventory. Each friendly enemy Legend can take up to two items.
- Passive: Modded Loader – Increased magazine capacity and faster reloads when using LMGs and the Minigun.
- Tactical: Amped Cover – Build a crouch-cover wall, which deploys a full-cover amped wall that blocks incoming shots and amps outgoing shots.
- Ultimate: Emplaced Minigun “Sheila” – Place a mounted machine gun that anyone can use. High ammo capacity, long reload time.