Apex Legends rocketed in popularity quickly after its release in 2019 with players on Xbox One, PS4, and PC having one goal in mind: getting that precious battle royale victory.
Unlike most battle royale games, Apex asks players to choose a character to go into battle with. It’s similar to games like Overwatch with each character, called legends, having their own abilities, strengths, and weaknesses.
There are a set of free characters that players can choose from, while many more others can be purchased either with easy to earn in-game currency or your hard-earned cash.
Depending on your playstyle or preferred setup, there’s surely a character that works for you. Take a look at them all below to see which one stands out most.
- Passive: Tracker – See tracks left behind by foes.
- Tactical: Eye of the Allfather – Briefly reveal hidden enemies, traps, and clues throughout structures near you.
- Ultimate: Beast of the Hunter – Enhances senses, allowing you to move faster.
- Passive: Gun Shield – Aiming down sights deploys a gun shield that blocks incoming enemy fire.
- Tactical: Dome of Protection – Throw down a dome shield that blocks all attacks for 15 seconds.
- Ultimate: Defensive Bombardment – Call in a mortar strike on a marker position.
- Passive: Combat Medic – Revive knocked down teammates faster, healing items are used 25 percent faster.
- Tactical: D.O.C. Heal Drone – Call down a drone that automatically heals nearby teammates over time.
- Ultimate: Care Package – Call in a drop pod full of high-quality items.
- Passive: Voices from the Void – A voice will warn you when danger approaches.
- Tactical: Into the Void – Warp and re position yourself without worrying about taking damage.
- Ultimate: Dimensional Rift – Create a portal for 60 seconds between two locations. Usable by entire team.
- Passive: Insider Knowledge – Scan a survey beacon to reveal the ring’s next location.
- Tactical: Grappling Hook – Grapple that can get you out of places quickly.
- Ultimate: Zipline Gun – Create a zipline that anyone can use.
- Passive: Double Time – Taking fire while sprinting makes you move faster for a brief period of time.
- Tactical: Smoke Launcher – Fire a high-velocity smoke canister from a launcher that creates a smoke wall.
- Ultimate: Rolling Thunder – Call in an artillery strike that slowly moves across the landscape.
- Passive: Nox Vision – You can see enemies through gas.
- Tactical: Nox Gas Trap – You can drop deadly gas canisters that explode when shot or triggered by enemies.
- Ultimate: Nox Gas Grenade – Spawns a large area of deadly gas.
- Passive: Now You See Me… – Automatically drop a decoy and cloak for five seconds when knocked down.
- Tactical: Psyche Out – Send out a decoy that runs across the map, confusing enemies.
- Ultimate: Life of the Party – Deploy a team of decoys while you cloak to distract enemies.
- Passive: Swift Mend – While not taking damage, Octane restores health over time.
- Tactical: Stim – Moves 30 percent faster for six seconds at the cost of some health.
- Ultimate: Launch Pad – Deployable Jump Pad that catapults users through the air.
- Passive: Spark of Genius – Ultimate Accelerants fully charge Wattson’s ultimate. Standing near Interception Pylons boosts Wattson’s tactical recharge rate.
- Tactical: Perimeter Security – Create electrified fences by connecting nodes. Fences damage and slow enemies.
- Ultimate: Interception Pylon – Place an electrified pylon that destroys incoming ordnance and repairs damaged shields. (Max: 1)
- Passive: Neurolink – Crypto and his teammates see what his Surveillance Drone detects up to a 30m distance.
- Tactical: Surveillance Drone – Deploy an aerial camera drone. 40 second cooldown if destroyed.
- Ultimate: Drone EMP – Charge up an EMP from your drone. The blast deals 50 shield damage, slows players, and destroys traps.
- Passive: Stalker – You crouch walk faster and can climb walls higher.
- Tactical: Silence – Throw a device that deals damage and disables enemy abilities for 20 seconds.
- Ultimate: Death Totem – Drop a totem that protects users from death. Instead of getting killed or downed, you will return to the totem. Armor is deactivated during death protection.
- Passive: Eye for Quality – Nearby epic and legendary loot can be seen through walls. The range is the same as Black Market Boutique.
- Tactical: Burglar’s Best Friend – Teleport to hard-to-reach places or escape trouble quickly by throwing your jump drive bracelet.
- Ultimate: Black Market Boutique – Place a nearby portable device that allows you to teleport nearby loot to your inventory. Each friendly enemy Legend can take up to two items.
- Passive: Modded Loader – Increased magazine capacity and faster reloads when using LMGs and the Minigun.
- Tactical: Amped Cover – Build a crouch-cover wall, which deploys a full-cover amped wall that blocks incoming shots and amps outgoing shots.
- Ultimate: Emplaced Minigun “Sheila” – Place a mounted machine gun that anyone can use. High ammo capacity, long reload time.
- Passive: Spacewalk – Increase air control and reduce fall impacts with Horizon’s custom spacesuit.
- Tactical: Gravity Lift – Reverses the flow of gravity, lifting players upwards and boosting them outwards when they exit.
- Ultimate: Black Hole – Deploy N.E.W.T. to create a micro black hole that pulls players in towards it, and hits them with a graviton blast at the end.
- Passive: Grenadier – Stack an extra grenade per inventory slot. Fire grenades farther, faster, and more accurately.
- Tactical: Knuckle Cluster – Launch a cluster bomb that continuously expels airburst explosives on impact.
- Ultimate: The Motherlode – Launch a bombardment that encircles a target area in a wall of flame.
- Passive: VTOL Jets – Use jetpack to fly. Fuel is limited but refills over time
- Tactical: Missile Swarm – Fire a swarm of mini rockets that damage and disorient the enemy.
- Ultimate: Skyward Dive – Launch into the air and sky dive. Allies can hook into take-off systems to join you.