As Season 11 of IEM continues, the next tournament will be IEM Gyeonggi in South Korea. Eight teams will be competing for a cut of the $100,000 prize pool from Dec. 13 to 18.
The event will be held at the Goyang Sports Complex. The address to the venue is 2320 Daehwa-dong, Ilsanseo-gu, Goyang-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea.
Teams will be split into two brackets with basic double-elimination rules. The first set of games for each bracket will be best-of-ones, with each following series being best-of-three.
The rules change as the single-elimination playoff bracket begins. Sets will be best-of-threes up until the grand finals, which will feature a best-of-five.
The champions of this tournament are guaranteed a spot at IEM Katowice alongside the winners of IEM Oakland, Unicorns of Love, as well as EDward Gaming (LPL), SK Telecom T1 (LCK), Cloud9 (NA LCS), H2k-Gaming (EU LCS) and Albus NoX Luna (CIS), who were all invited due to their respective performances at the 2015 World Championship.
Here is what the bracket looks like:
Images via lol.esportswikis
Teams will be fighting for a cut of the $100,000 prize pool. The exact distribution of the prize pool is currently unknown.
Dark Passage (TCL – Wildcard No. 1 seed)
- Giants Gaming (EU LCS – Summer No. 5/6)
- Immortals (NA LCS – Summer No. 3)
- J Team (LMS – Summer No. 2)
- Kongdoo Monster (LCK – Challengers Korea Summer No. 1)
- Team Liquid (NA LCS – Summer No. 5/6)
- Samsung Galaxy (LCK – Summer No. 4)
- Vega Squadron (CIS – Wildcard No. 2 seed)
Fair warning, these games will be played extremely late if you live in the United States and at somewhat inconvenient times if you live in Europe. All times are in Eastern Standard Time. All starting times are approximate and are subject to change based on how long games last.
Tuesday, December 13
- 8:00 p.m. – Group A Match 1 – Samsung Galaxy vs. Vega Squadron
- 9:20 p.m. – Group A Match 2 – J Team vs Immortals
- 10:40 p.m. – Group A Winners Match – TBD
Wednesday, December 14
- 2:10 a.m. – Group A Elimination Match – TBD
- 5:40 a.m. – Group A Decider Match – TBD
- 8:00 p.m. – Group B Match 1 – Kongdoo Monster vs. Dark Passage
- 9:20 p.m. – Group B Match 2 – Team Liquid vs. Giants Gaming
- 10:40 p.m. Group B Winners Match – TBD
Thursday, December 15
- 2:10 a.m. – Group B Elimination Match – TBD
- 5:40 a.m. – Group B Decider Match – TBD
- 9:45 p.m. – Semifinal 1 – TBD
Friday, December 16
- 9:30 p.m. – Semifinal 2 – TBD
Sunday, December 18
- 2:40 a.m. – Grand Final – TBD
Who do you think will win Gyeonggi? Are you excited to see any of the new rosters? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below or tweet us @GAMURScom. If you have any business inquiries, you can contact Josh on Twitter @ienglishbetter or email him at [email protected].