Legendary Pokémon will be distributed each month for the rest of 2018
The Pokémon Company wants to make 2018 a "legendary" year, and as such there's a whole lot of new Pokémon updates coming across nearly all the Pokémon games and media out there in the wild. The focus will, as you may have imagined, be on legendary Pokémon and their appearances across the franchise in the form of Pokémon distribution, mobile game and animation promotions, and new additions to the Pokémon Trading Card Game.
This year will be a celebration of all things legendary, with a new Pokémon given away every month from February through November this year. The legendaries you receive will be available for Pokémon Ultra Sun and Moon and Pokémon Sun and Moon players, just like we saw yesterday with the Redditor who leaked the Dialga and Palkia promotional cards.
It's been confirmed that February will feature Dialga and Palkia, but the rest of the year's schedule will be as follows:
- March: Regigigas, the Normal-type Legendary Pokémon, or Heatran, the Fire- and Steel-type Legendary Pokémon, from the Sinnoh region
- April: Raikou, the Electric-type Legendary Pokémon, or Entei, the Fire-type Legendary Pokémon, from the Johto region
- May: Xerneas, the Fairy-type Legendary Pokémon, or Yveltal, the Dark- and Flying-type Legendary Pokémon, from the Kalos region
- June: Zygarde, the Dragon- and Ground-type Legendary Pokémon with three distinct Formes, from the Kalos and Alola regions
- July: Tornadus, the Flying-type Legendary Pokémon, or Thundurus, the Electric- and Flying-type Legendary Pokémon, from the Unova region
- August: Groudon, the Ground-type Legendary Pokémon, or Kyogre, the Water-type Legendary Pokémon, from the Hoenn region
- September: Latios or Latias, the Dragon- and Psychic-type Legendary Pokémon, from the Hoenn region
- October: Reshiram, the Dragon- and Fire-type Legendary Pokémon, or Zekrom, the Dragon- and Electric-type Legendary Pokémon, from the Unova region
- November: Ho-Oh, the Fire- and Flying-type Legendary Pokémon, or Lugia, the Psychic- and Flying-type Legendary Pokémon, from the Johto region
Of course, a promotion wouldn't be complete with the Pokémon mobile games thrown into the mix. Pokémon Go players will get a slew of new legendary Pokémon promotions this year as part of the celebration, but there aren't any further details as to which Pokémon will be added to the roster at this time. Pokémon Shuffle players will also be able to take part in the festivities, with legendaries being sprinkled throughout the iOS and Android title with two new event stages featuring Dialga and Palkia starting Feb. 6 and running throughout Feb. 13.
For Pokémon Trading Card Game players, there's a brand new range of cards and tie-ins to be expected throughout this year, and a lot of goodies for the Pokémon app as well in terms of legendary-themed movies being available for your viewing pleasure.
It's a pretty exciting event that you'll want to take part in if you're still missing your legendary monsters in the Pokémon games of your choice, so stay vigilant and make sure you grab yours as the months wear on. It's about to be an awesome year for Pokémon fans.