Prepare to be taken back to the Jurassic period in Super Mario Odyssey while exploring the Cascade Kingdom.
This kingdom is littered with fossils and dinosaurs that hide those elusive purple coins players will need to get exclusive costumes, souvenirs, and items to help them on their journey.
In order to get all of the purple coins, players will need to come back to the Cascade Kingdom after beating the boss. Certain coins and platforms only spawn into the world after players have beaten the main story quests, so some coins will be unavailable until then.
In total, the Cascade Kingdom has 50 purple coins for players to find. Some are out in the open, while others are hidden from sight.
Here’s how to find them all.
1) The first set of coins can be found behind the Odyssey, just on the edge of the cliff.
2) The path towards the first story moon hides three coins just to the left. They’re right next to the large stone cube.
3) Another set of purple coins can be found on the opposite side of the previous three.
4) The waterfall under the bridge towards the next area hides three coins. You’ll need to go underwater to get them and fight against the water’s current.
5) After getting the previous coins, go into the waterfall. Three coins will be hidden behind it.
6) Once you’ve defeated Cascade Kingdom’s boss, a new platform will be unlocked with three new coins on it. This platform is located just above the coins hidden behind the waterfall.
7) Four coins can be found on a high platform near the Odyssey’s initial location. You can access this area more easily on your return to Cascade Kingdom after completing the story missions.
8) Three coins are hidden behind the dinosaur’s nest perched precariously on the edge of the map.
9) Continue on the path towards the Chain Chomps after the previous set of coins and you’ll notice three coins on top of a platform nearby. Simply jump up and grab them.
10) There are three more coins hidden in this area. Just before jumping up on the nearby steps to go capture the dinosaur, continue forward. There are three coins hidden inside a small part of the wall.
11) Once you destroy the rocks leading towards the boss either with the dinosaur or nearby Chain Chomps, you’ll see a checkpoint flag. You’re usually meant to go right to get to the boss area, but this time, go left. You’ll see three coins in the air. Use Cappy to grab them without risking your life.
12) Another set of coins is hidden in the air just beside the 2D section of the game. There’s no way to reach them at the start, so you’ll need to come back to the kingdom later to grab them.
13) Underneath No. 12 is one of the many door puzzle sections. For this one, head through the puzzle as normal. Once you reach a section with three rows of platforms, time your jumps right to get to the ledge above the exit pipe. There will be four coins waiting for you at the end.
14) After exiting the door, return on your path towards the boss area. There are three coins perched just above some rocks behind the 2D section.
15) There are also three coins just to the left side of the pipe into the 2D section. Don’t forget them before you head to get the final coins.
16) The last set of purple coins for this kingdom is placed above some floating platforms just behind the boss arena. Walk all the way to the end and you’ll see the final three coins, as well as a moon. You can only get these coins after returning to the kingdom, however.