Zarya buff, Reinhardt fixes, BM D.Va voice lines all live in Overwatch
A buff to Zarya's Graviton Surge, fixes to Reinhardt's hammer—ahh... Patch 1.13 is finally here.
A whole bunch of heroes got adjustments, many of which have been in testing on Overwatch's public test region for some time now. With a patch this huge, Overwatch's meta is about to get shaken up. Of course, Doomfist was also released to Overwatch on all platforms, too.
- Graviton Surge
- Mobility abilities no longer free enemies from Graviton Surge
What does that mean? Mobility abilities that once allowed heroes to break out of Zarya's Graviton Surge—which pulls enemies within the area-of-effect into a group for a set amount of time—no longer help in getting free. Tracer players won't be able to zip out or use Recall. D.Va won't be able to use her boosters to fly away. Mercy's Guardian Angel won't help either. If a hero gets caught in Graviton Surge, they're stuck. Already a really strong ultimate ability, Zarya's Graviton Surge is downright deadly now.
- Rocket Hammer
- Swing speed increased by 10 percent
- Many timings have been tweaked, too
- Impact with another charging hero won't deal damage to both, but will knock both down
Reinhardt had plenty of bugs throughout the past month, but this patch should have fixed them all. Reinhardt should now feel more natural in the hands of players.
- Slows targets significantly when stunned
It'll be harder for enemies to slink away behind a corner after they've been hit with a Flashbang, making McCree a more viable option against dive compositions.
- Shadow Step
- Reaper's ability sounds and animations are less noticeable
He'll be a little more more stealthy, able to sneak around the map without super loud and flashy cues.
- New sound effects and voice lines have been added, indicating when an enemy’s ultimate ability has been deflected
- Defense Matrix
- She's got new BM voice lines to indicate when an enemy ultimate has been absorbed
Will this patch kick dive composition to the curb? We'll have to wait and see.