Blizzard is taking Overwatch on the road with more IRL community events
The Payload Tour isn't the only Overwatch roadshow kicking off this year.
Blizzard announced Overwatch: Flash Ops, a new way for the Overwatch community to celebrate the Blizzard first-person shooter. Events will be held throughout the year with community tournaments, trivia, and "art activities."
"Overwatch: Flash Ops are in-person celebrations for fans of all ages, interests, and skill levels," Blizzard said in the announcement. "Whether you’re a grizzled veteran of competitive play, an intrepid archivist who can recite the entire history of the Omnic Crisis verbatim, an avid viewer of Overwatch esports, or a shiny new cadet who’s just really into Overwatch, Flash Ops has something for you."
Flash Ops kicks off April 19 with Overwatch arcade nights at all North American Microsoft store locations. The Flash Ops campaign will run until June 21 every Thursday night. Overwatch: Flash Ops will also hold Overwatch League viewing parties for stages three and four.
Here's the full list so far.
- April 7 – Rochester Institute of Technology – Rochester, NY
- April 13 - Academy of Art University - San Francisco, CA
- April 20 – University of Connecticut – Storrs, CT
- April 26 – Rutgers University – Somerset, NJ
- May 5 – University of California Riverside – Riverside, CA
- May 19 – University of California Santa Barbara – Goleta, CA
More information about international events will come "in the future," according to Blizzard.