A charity poker tournament has been announced that will involve all ten NA LCS owners. With a prize pool of $11,000, the competition will pit ten team owners against each other with the winnings going to a charity of choice.
Steve Arhancet, owner of Team Liquid and organizer of the event is ecstatic to participate in this tournament, saying: “I’m thrilled we could bring everyone together for our philanthropic poker night. Esports is known for its unrivalled community and this event is a way for us to show our passion for our community and give something back – alongside some friendly rivalry of course!”
Each NA LCS team owner has chosen a different charity to compete for. Here is a full list of the different charities chosen:
- Steven Arhancet, Team Liquid: City Year LA
- Andy Dinh, Team SoloMid: Doctors Without Borders
- Ryan Edens, FlyQuest: Partners in Health
- Jack Etienne, Cloud 9: Givewell
- Rick Fox, Echo Fox: Orphaned Starfish Foundation
- George Georgallidis, Counter Logic Gaming: CARE
- Chris Hopper, Riot Games: Trevor Project
- Rob Moore, Phoenix1: Fulfillment Fund
- Mike Rufail, Team EnvyUs: Gamers Outreach
- David Slan, Team Dignitas: Food Bank of Southern California
- Noah Whinston, Immortals: ACLU
This poker tournament is set to occur on Sunday Feb. 19, 2017 at 5:30pm PST, and will be streamed on Twitch.tv. There will also be a donation button set up on the bottom of the stream where viewers can donate. All the viewer donations will be sent directly to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
You can read the full announcement on Team Liquid’s website here.
Will you tune in for this poker tournament? Let us know by tweeting us @GAMURScom.
Article by Malcolm Abbas. Follow him on Twitter @SmashhLoL.