South Korean teams dominate the international stage of professional League of Legends. LCS teams from North America and Europe go on pilgrimages to Korea to do nothing but play in the region’s ranked modes for days on end—these bootcamps improve player talent and bolster teams’ resolve. And the reason for all of this, dare we say it, is that Korean League players are just better.
Well, that’s not entirely true. The best Korean players tend to be more talented than the best players from other regions at least. If you were able to catch any games from the last split of the LCK, you’d know this to be true.
Here are the seven most awe-inspiring, craziest, and flat-out greatest plays from the 2017 LCK Spring Split.
7) KT Rolster baits the turnaround against SK Telecom T1 during Week Six.
6) ROX Tigers might not be quite as good as they were last year, but this ruthless tower dive against Samsung Galaxy in Week 10 shows that they’re still a contender.
5) KT Rolster shows off some across-the-map coordination during Week Five against Kongdoo Monster.
4) SKT’s teamwork is unrivaled throughout the world, and they showed that to KT Rolster in the first game of the Spring Split Finals.
3) Jin Air Green Wings gave SKT a scare during Week One with some smooth Lee Sin synergy.
2) SKT’s Lee “Faker” Sang-hyeok claims first blood on ROX Tigers in classic Faker fashion during this Week Two matchup.
1) SKT lands the wombo-combo dream play against KT Rolster to blow the game wide open.