The quarterfinal matchups for the League of Legends 2016 Season World Championship have been drawn.
These eight teams will be competing in the knockout stages of Worlds:
- ROX Tigers (LCK)
- Albus NoX Luna (CIS)
- SK Telecom T1 (LCK)
- Cloud9 (NA LCS)
- H2k-Gaming (EU LCS)
- EDward Gaming (LPL)
- Samsung Galaxy (LCK)
- Royal Never Give Up (LPL)
Matchups in the quarterfinals will be No. 1 seeds versus No. 2 seeds, and no two teams from the same group can be placed on the same half of the bracket. Every match for the rest of the tournament will be a best-of-five series.
Without further ado, here is the bracket.
- G1: Samsung Galaxy vs. Cloud9
- Thursday, Oct. 13 – 3 p.m. PDT
- G2: SK Telecom T1 vs. Royal Never Give Up
- Friday, Oct. 14 – 3 p.m. PDT
- G3: ROX Tigers vs EDward Gaming
- Saturday, Oct. 15 – 3 p.m. PDT
- G4: H2k-Gaming vs Albus NoX Luna
- Sunday, Oct. 16 – 3 p.m. PDT
- G5: Winner of G1 vs. Winner of G4
- Friday, Oct. 21 – 3 p.m. PDT
- G6: Winner of G2 vs. Winner of G3
- Saturday, Oct. 22 – 3 p.m. PDT
GAMURS will be releasing more coverage focused on previewing the quarterfinal matchups over the next few days, so look out for a more in-depth look at each matchup.
UPDATE: Edits were made from the original announcement to adapt to the dates and times of each matchup.
Who do you think will advance in the quarterfinals? Let us hear your thoughts in the comments below or tweet us @GAMURScom.
Image courtesy of Riot Games Flickr