League of Legends‘ Patch 9.7 is finally here, and it is bringing plenty of changes that the community has been asking for. Riot Games is also buffing a few champions that could push their play rate up quite a bit. Check out the adjustments and see if you’re happy with the coming changes.
Big Champion Changes
- Health Regen is being lowered from 6 to 5
- Armor growth is being lowered from 3.5 to 3
Q – Radiant Blast
- Mana cost is increased from 60/65/70/75/80 mana to 70/75/80/85/90 mana.
W – Celestial Blessing
- Decreased bonus movement speed from 26/32/38/44/50 percent to 24/28/32/36/40 percent.
- Mana cost increased from 70/75/80/85/90 mana to 60/70/80/90/100 mana.
E – Starfire Spellblade
- Bonus magic damage decreased from 10/12.5/15/17.5/20 percent of target’s missing health to 8/10/12/14/16% (+1 percent per 100 ability power) of target’s missing health.
Passive: Echoing Flames
- Damage decreased from 2/3/4/6/8 percent of target’s max health to 2/3/4/5/6 percent of target’s max health, still at levels 1/6/9/11/13.
E – Disdain
- Cooldown adjusted from 14 seconds to 16/15.5/15/14.5/14 seconds.
- Mana cost increased from 50/60/70/80/90 mana to 60/70/80/90/100 mana.
R – Fear Beyond Death
- Damage decreased from 125/150/375 to 100/125/350.
- Health regeneration growth increased from 0.55 to 0.75
Q – Conquering Sands
- Damage increased from 60/80/100/120/140 to 70/90/110/130/150.
Q – Rupture
- Cooldown decreased from 9 seconds to 7 seconds.
Q – Infected Cleaver
- Damage increased from 15/17.5/20/22.5/25 percent of target’s current health to 20/22.5/25/27.5/30 percent of target’s current health.
E – Masochism
- Minimum bonus attack damage increased from 30/45/60/75/90 to 40/55/70/85/100.
- Maximum bonus attack damage increased from 60/90/120/150/180 to 80/110/140/170/200.
W – Courage
- Passive resistances increased from 0.25 per stack, up to 40 to 0.33 per stack, up to 50.
- Cooldown decreased from 24/23/22/21/20 seconds to 23/21/19/17/15 seconds.
- Duration decreased from 2/3/4/5/6 seconds to 2/2.75/3.5/4.25/5 seconds.
E – Zenith Blade
- Cooldown decreased from 13/12/11/10/9 seconds to 12/10.5/9/7.5/6 seconds.
Q – Ice Shard
- Cooldown increased from 6/5.25/4.5/3.75/3 seconds to 10/8.5/7/5.5/4 seconds.
- Base health regeneration growth decreased from 0.6 to 0.4.
W – Tormented Shadow
- Minimum total damage ratio decreased from 0.8 ability power to 0.7 ability power, still at 0 percent target missing health.
- Maximum total damage ratio decreased from 2.16 ability power to 1.89 ability power, still at 100 percent target missing health.
Q – Bone Skewer
- Cooldown decreased from 16/14/12/10/8 seconds to 14/12.5/11/9.5/8 seconds.
E – Phantom Undertow
- Stun duration increased from 1.1 seconds to 1.25 seconds.
W – Scrap Shield
- Movement speed increased from 10/15/20/25/30 percent to 20/25/30/35/40 percent.
R – The Equalizer
- Cooldown decreased from 110/100/90 seconds to 100/85/70 seconds.
- Base health regeneration decreased from 9.5 to 7.5.
W – Kingslayer
- Damage decreased from 60/90/120/150/180 to 50/75/100/125/150.
- Empowered damage decreased from 90/135/180/225/270 to 75/112.5/150/187.5/225.
E – Abscond / Abduct
- Cooldown increased from 12/11.5/11/10.5/10 seconds to 18/16/14/12/10 seconds.
- Bonus magic damage to minions and monsters increased from 200 percent to 300 percent.
The Dark Seal
- Ability power decreased from 15 to 10.
- Sellback value lowered from 245 gold to 140 gold.
- Total cost increased from 2400 gold to 2900 gold.
- Build path is changed from Recurve Bow + Negatron Cloak + Dagger + 380 gold to Recurve Bow + Negatron Cloak + Dagger + 880 gold.
- Attack speed increased from 40 percent to 50 percent.
- Magic resist increased from 40 to 50.
- Now gives 5 percent more movement speed.
- On-hit damage adjusted from 42 to 15-80 through levels 1 to 18.
- Now heals for the amount of on-hit damage dealt by Wit’s End, is 33 percent effective for ranged champions.
- Basic attacks no longer steal magic resist.
- Max stacks decreased from 20 to 10.
- Stacks have been adjusted from 2 per champion kill, 1 per champion assist, and 1 per ward kill to 1 per champion takedown (kill or assist).
- Adaptive force increased from 1 per stack and 20 total to 2 per stack and 20 total.
- Completion bonus now grants 10 adaptive force.
- Standing in brush no longer converts trinket into a Ghost Poro. Placing a Ghost Poro in enemy territory no longer grants adaptive force.
- Wards now spawn a Ghost Poro when they expire, giving vision in the area until it’s scared away by enemy champions. Wards killed by enemies don’t spawn Ghost Poros.
- Spawning a Ghost Poro grants 2 adaptive force up to 10 times (max 20). At 10 Ghost Poro spawns, gain an additional 10 adaptive force.
- Damaging a champion after clearing a ward no longer deals bonus damage
- Clearing a ward grants 2 adaptive force up to 10 times (max 20). At 10 ward clears, gain an additional 10 adaptive force.
- Damage increased from 5-12 percent to 5-15 percent, still at 10-100 percent max health difference.
- Damage increased from 100 plus 30 percent max health to 100 plus 35 percent max health.
- Completion bonus increased from a 2.5 percent max health increase to a 3.5 percent max health increase.
- The monster burn effect of Hunter’s Talisman and its upgrades no longer interrupts the Predator channel.
- Ultimate cooldown reduction increased from 5 (+2 percent per stack) and max 15 percent to 5 (+3 percent per stack) and max 20 percent.
- Can now destroy the enemy team nexus through the Cheat Menu.
- Can now stack Tear of the Goddess immediately through the Cheat Menu.
Patch 9.7 is bringing a ton of experimental changes to the popular game mode. From a new banning system to new summoner spells, we’ll see how these changes affect how people play on the Butcher’s Bridge. Check out all the new additions.
- Mac client is becoming 64-bit this patch. No downloads or reinstallsneeded—just patch up like normal!
- End of Game Victory/Defeat screens have reverted to static images.
Your Shop Returns
Personalized discounts are back from April 4, 2019, at 1:00 pm PT to April 25, 2019 at 11:59 pm PT.
- Fixed a bug where Akali’s W – Twilight Shroud’s cooldown was incorrectly calculated with her cooldown reduction.
- Jarvan IV’s R – Cataclysm cast VO lines no longer plays during its recast.
- Buffs auras on Battlecast Alpha Skarner, Zombie Brand, AstroNautilus, Star Guardian Jinx, Pool Party Fiora, Underworld Wukong, Snow Day Malzahar, Pool Party Leona, PROJECT: Leona, and Guardian of the Sands Rammus now properly follow the models during certain animations.
- Morgana’s R – Soul Shackles no longer hits targets if the effect ends prematurely by her death.
- Vi’s E – Excessive Force no longer fizzles when Phantom Hit triggers on Guinsoo’s Rageblade.
- Conqueror now properly procs from pets, except for Malzahar’s Voidlings and Yorick’s Maiden of the Mist, which are still bugged.
- Omni-vamp effects now properly grant reduced healing from pets.
Upcoming Skins & Chromas
The following skins will be released this patch:
- Dunkmaster Ivern
- Hextech Jarvan IV
The following chromas will be released this patch:
- Dunkmaster Ivern
All images via Riot Games.