The 2017 qualifier format has been revealed to the world, which will pit two groups of six teams against one another for a chance to take part in the Spring Challenger series, one place away from the European League Championship Series.
As explained on the lolesports website, “the 2017 Spring CSQ follows the same format as the 2016 Summer CSQ: 12 teams in total split into two groups of six teams. Both groups will play three games per day in a single best-of-one round robin tournament. The top seeded team from Group A will play #2 from Group B in a best-of-five, and the top seeded team from Group B will play #2 from Group A in a best-of-five, where the winners go through to the Challenger Series.”
- Six European Regional League Champions
- Two CS Teams (lowest placed Challenger Series teams from 2016 Summer Split)
- Four Open Qualifier Winners (three from EUW/one from EUNE)
- #1 from Group A vs. #2 from Group B (best-of-five)
- #1 from Group B vs. #2 from Group A (best-of-five)
You can read more on the official announcement here.
What are your thoughts on this format? Let us know by commenting below or tweeting us @GAMURScom.
Image credits here.