Every upcoming Nintendo Switch game's release date in 2017
The Nintendo Switch is wrapping up its freshman year, and there's no denying that Nintendo's portable system is ending the year with a solid game library. From Super Mario Odyssey to Bethesda's Skyrim, 2017 is convincing skeptics that the Switch is a console worth investing in.
Both digital and retail games are still headed to the Nintendo Switch until the holiday season, with new release dates announced regularly throughout the year. Here's the entire list of release dates officially announced for 2017's homestretch, with North America dates provided:
September's second half closes with a mix of solid indie games, along with major first- and third-party releases coming to the Nintendo Switch. From Pokken Tournament DX and Arcade Archives: Mario Bros. to Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 and FIFA 18, respectively, September is a good teaser for a busy holiday season ahead.
- Soldam: Drop, Connect, Erase—Sept. 20
- SteamWorld Dig 2—Sept. 21
- Thimbleweed Park—Sept. 21
- Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2—Sept. 22
- Pokken Tournament DX—Sept. 22
- The Lego Ninjao Movie Video Game—Sept. 22
- Arcade Archives: Mario Bros.—Sept. 27
- FIFA 18—Sept. 29
- One Piece: Unlimited World Red—Deluxe Edition—Sept. 29
October looks to be one of the biggest release months for the Nintendo Switch before the holidays begin. Mario's latest 3D adventure, Super Mario Odyssey, lands at the end of the month, along with Nintendo and Koei Tecmo's Fire Emblem and Dynasty Warriors mash-up Fire Emblem Warriors. Indie highlights include Axiom Verge and Touhou Kobuto V: Burst Battle, both hitting the Switch early on in the month.
- Superbeat: Xonic—Oct. 3
- Tiny Barbarian DX—Oct. 10
- Touhou Kobuto V: Burst Battle—Oct. 10
- 88 Heroes: 98 Heroes Edition—Oct.10
- Yono and the Celestial Elephants—Oct. 12
- Axiom Verge—Oct. 17
- Fire Emblem Warriors—Oct. 20
- Syberia—Oct. 20
- Poi: Explorer Edition—Oct. 23
- Just Dance 2018—Oct. 24
- Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon—Oct. 24
- Super Mario Odyssey—Oct. 27
- Monster Jam: Crush It!—Oct. 31
As fall comes to a close and winter rolls in, Sonic Forces, L.A. Noire, and Skyrim all release on the Nintendo Switch before Black Friday hits. If you've been holding out on a Switch, this is the month to get off the couch and grab one: The 2017 library is just about wrapped up and ready for the next year by the time this month ends.
- Sonic Forces—Nov. 7
- Snipperclips Plus: Cut It Out, Together!—Nov. 10
- Ben 10—Nov. 14
- L.A. Noire—Nov. 14
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2—Nov. 14
- Rime—Nov. 14
- The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim—Nov. 17
- Resident Evil: Revelations—Nov. 28
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2—Nov. 28
- Resident Evil: Revelations Collection—Nov. 28
- Ittle Dew 2+—Nov. 30
Releases slow down this month, but keep an eye out for major deals as the holiday season peaks and the New Year begins. This month's hottest release includes Xenoblade Chronicles 2, the first Xenoblade title on the Nintendo Switch.
- Gear Club Unlimited—Dec. 1
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2—Dec. 1
Article updated regularly to reflect developing news.