ELEAGUE to Host Online American Qualifier for Major
ELEAGUE has announced an online American Qualifier for the upcoming major on Nov. 2-9 and a LAN Qualifier on Dec. 3-4. The online qualifier will allow four teams to advance to a LAN playoff for a spot in the ELEAGUE Major.
The online qualifier will host top-tier challenger teams and four exclusively invited teams.
Four teams will advance from an Open Qualifier Stage to face the four invited organizations in a live qualifier on LAN at the ELEAGUE Arena. Those four invited teams are:
- Echo Fox
- Team SoloMid
This format allows over 1,000 teams to take a shot at the pro level of Counter-Strike. The online qualifier will be hosted through FACEIT. The schedule and format for the Major Qualifier is as follows:
Open Qualifier 1 (512 Teams)
- Nov. 2: 1-7 PM (Best-of-One, Round of 512 teams to Round of 16 teams)
- Nov. 3: 1-6 PM (Best-of-Three, Round of 8 teams to Round of 4 teams)
- Single-Elimination Format and Top Two Teams Advance
Open Qualifier 2 (512 Teams)
- Nov. 6: 1-7 PM (Best-of-One, Round of 512 teams up to Round of 16 teams)
- Nov. 7: 1-6 PM (Best-of-Three, Round of 8 teams to Round of 4 teams)
- Single Elimination Format and Top Two Teams Advance
Closed Qualifier (Eight Teams, Two Groups)
- Nov. 8: 1-6 PM (Two Best-of-One Matches, then One Best-of-Three Winner’s Match)
- Nov. 9: 1-6 PM (One Best-of-Three Losers’ Match, then One Best-of-Three Deciding Match)
- Top Four Teams Advance to LAN Final at the ELEAGUE Arena
LAN Qualifier (Four Teams)
- Dec. 3: 12 PM (Two Best-of-One Matches)
- Dec. 4: 10 AM (Three Best-of-One Matches)
- Top Two Teams Qualify for the ELEAGUE 2017 Major Group Stage
All times mentioned are in EST
The 2017 ELEAGUE Major will be held Jan. 22-29 in Atlanta, Georgia. Sixteen Legend and Challenger teams will go head-to-head for a piece of the $1 million prize pool and for the glory of being a CS:GO Major Champion. The Major will be streamed live on Twitch via the ELEAGUE channel. The final of the Major will be showcased on TBS and Twitch.
What do you think of this Major and the qualifying process? Let us hear your thoughts in the comments below or tweet us @GAMURScom.