North American Regional Finals Preview
Location and Lodging
Similar to the MLG Pro League Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Season 1 Playoffs, the venue for this event will be hosted at the MLG.tv Arena at 2188 Citygate Drive, Columbus, OH 43219.
This event is a closed venue, meaning only invited players and their guests can attend due to space constraints. Major League Gaming provided four hotel locations within the area. If you haven’t booked already (being either a player or invited guest), check out our top two recommendations, the SpringHill and TownePlace Suites by Marriott Columbus Airport Gahanna.
Both of these hotels feature: special MLG booking rates for $119 per night, an MLG shuttle service, a 10-15 minute drive from the venue, and suites for rooms.
Adam “MrAdamAp” Apicella, Executive Vice President for MLG Properties, confirmed that there will be no public and/or open spectating at the NA Regional Finals in one of his recent tweets from his personal Twitter account:
“For those asking CoD US Regionals will not have tickets sold to the public. The event will only be for the 32 teams competing & their guests.”
*Adam meant NA Regional Finals.
Guest spectators are family members, personal friends, and spouses that the players personally chose to bring along to the Regional Finals upon invitation. The venue is very small to begin with, not allowing open spectating will create more space for the competitors.
The NA Regional Final is an invitational event only to those teams who have qualified in the United States, Canada, and Mexico Online Qualifiers. There will be a total of 32 teams competing at the event, in a Double Elimination Bracket.
In March 2014, MLG similarly hosted the North American Regional Finals in Orlando, Fl. Presented by Xbox, this event was played on the past competitive title - Call of Duty: Ghosts on Xbox One. The infamous team formerly known as CompLexity Gaming was crowned champions for the Call of Duty World Championship 2014.
Last year teams' main objective was to simply place high enough to qualify for the World Championship. There was no prize money involved. However, this year there’s $10,000 on the line to give teams incentive to keep playing after they qualify.
This event is a Double Elimination Bracket. For those who don’t know, after losing a round in the Winner’s Bracket, the team will then drop down to the Loser’s Bracket. Losing a match within the Loser’s Bracket will result in elimination from the Regional Finals. All matches will be played in best-of-five series, in the Game Types in Rounds article provided by MLG. The bracket seeding was determined via the North American Pro Point Leaderboard as of Feb. 9.
The Top 14 teams will qualify and go on to compete in this year’s Call of Duty World Championship. The Prize Pool for the NA Regional Finals was released for the first four teams with a grand total of $10,000.
- 1st Place: $5,000
- 2nd Place: $2,500
- 3rd Place: $1,500
- 4th Place: $1,000
Note that Pro Points will not be received during the North American Regional Finals, due to the fact, that this is a qualifying event.
*Schedule information provided by MLG. Times provided are in Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). All times are subject to change based on the length of the matches.
Friday, March 6, 2015
- Main Stage - Team EnVyUs (5) vs. OMEGA Fatal Ambition (28)
- Station 1 - FaZe Red (2) vs. Gravity (31)
- Station 2 - Team Kaliber (8) vs. BitterSweet (25)
- Station 3 - Orbit (12) vs. 3s UP Enterprises (21)
- Main Stage - Denial eSports (3) vs. Aztek Gaming (30)
- Station 1 - DA Below Zero (15) vs. Exertus eSports (18)
- Station 2 - Strictly Business (9) vs. Boreal eSports (24)
- Station 3 - Rise Nation (11) vs. VexX Gaming (22)
- Main Stage - Revenge (14) vs. G4G Fear (19)
- Station 1 - OpTic Nation (10) vs. Relapsed (23)
- Station 2 - Stunner Gaming (7) vs. Levitate Gaming (26)
- Station 3 - FaZe Black (6) vs. Legacy eSports (27)
- Main Stage - OpTic Gaming (1) vs. MFAM (32)
- Station 1 - Automatic Reload (13) vs. iSolation Empire (20)
- Station 2 - Prophecy (4) vs. Guru$ (29)
- Station 3 - EcHo Gaming (16) vs. XGN (17)
4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- 4:00 PM - Winner's Round 2 / Loser's Round 1
- 5:00 PM - Winner's Round 2 / Loser's Round 1
- 6:00 PM - Winner's Round 2 / Loser's Round 1
- 7:00 PM - Winner's Round 2 / Loser's Round 1
Saturday, March 7, 2015
- 10:00 AM - Loser’s Round 2
- 11:30 AM - Loser’s Round 2
- 1:30 PM - Winner’s Round 3 / Loser’s Round 3
- 3:00 PM - Winner’s Round 3 / Loser’s Round 3
- 4:30 PM - Winner’s Round 3 / Loser’s Round 4
- 6:30 PM - Winner’s Round 3 / Loser’s Round 4
- 8:00 PM - 13th Place Consolation / Loser’s Round 4
- 9:30 PM - 13th Place Consolation / Loser’s Round 4
Sunday, March 8, 2015
- 10:00 AM - Winner’s Round 4 / Loser’s Round 5
- 11:30 AM - Winner’s Round 4 / Loser’s Round 5
- 1:30 PM - Loser’s Round 6
- 3:00 PM - Winner’s Final / Loser’s Round 7
- 4:30 PM - Loser’s Final
- 6:00 PM - Grand Final
Matches will be broadcasted live on MLG’s streaming platform. There will be two streams, Alpha - Mainstage and Bravo - Feature Station, located on MLG.tv.
This concludes our North American Regional Finals Preview. Be sure to keep on the lookout for our prediction article coming out on Wednesday before the event. Let us know your thoughts on the tournament layout in the comments below, or at our twitter – @eSportsNation.