Improvements Announced for Ghosts eSports
“The team at Infinity Ward wants to express our sincere thanks for the recent dialogue we’ve had with the competitive community. Each constructive conversation, message board post and reddit thread has had a positive impact on our development process. We’re always lurking and listening! As we tweeted last week during UMG Philly, we'd like to announce some updates we plan to roll out as soon as possible to support competitive Call of Duty based on your feedback. These will appear as both hot fixes and TUs in the coming weeks alongside planned changes to the areas of Ghosts affecting all players, such as spawns. As a guiding principle, development priority is assigned to those issues which we deem to have the largest immediate impact or those affecting the broadest group of players.”
In the immediate future, Infinity Ward plans to:
- Restrict Ghillie suits in competitive rules.
- Restrict Tracker Sights in competitive rules.
- Restrict Danger Close in competitive rules.
- Disable third-person spectating in competitive Private Matches.
- Add a kill feed to Broadcaster mode.
- Address Broadcaster mode stability (squash crash bugs).
- Removal of split-screen in Private match when eSports rules are enabled.
- Add eSports rules to Clan vs. Clan playlist.
- Open Clan v Clan playlist to allow solo player entry & mixed clan teams.
- Modify Dead Silence/Amplify functionality.
- Resolve the defuse timer animation discrepancy.
- Modify the defuse time sound effects if the defuse process is cancelled.
- Add game action overlays where needed (flag captures, etc.).
- Resolve the leaderboard’s red death indicator delay.
- Roll over player in scoreboard to highlight arrow in mini-map.
- Investigating the addition of Xbox One LAN support.